Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New way to shower

Heya.

I attended my first ever baby shower this past weekend. A girl in my fraternity is having a kid in a few months, and a shower was thrown for her. It was somewhat of an odd experience because only four guys were in attendance. This means we got to gang up together for one of the games (crafting a diaper out of toilet paper), which we lost pretty badly. The rest of the afternoon was quite pleasant, though, and I even won an individual prize!

I'm starting to feel something resembling stress these days as I am coming closer to my first actuarial exam (November 28 is the big day). I have a little over three weeks left to prepare, and my goal is to study at least 2 hours a day. This means that I am cutting back my hours at Domino's, which thrills me to no end. What with this exam, formulating wedding plans, and classes, delivering pizzas is not my highest priority these days. I can't wait until November 29!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Four guys seems like a lot at a baby shower. It's four more than I've ever seen at one. What did you win for the prize?

Anonymous said...

And how did you win it? I always loved those baby shower games, which I thought had gone out of style.

Anonymous said...

I also want to know how you won a prize. Two hours a day studying is crazy! That might kill me.

Anonymous said...

Peter, I think Davey means he is studying two hours a day just for his big accuarial test, in adition to his basic college studying. I think UMR will be a rude awakening for you!

Anonymous said...

The shower was co-ed, which is a new fad right now. I've known of several like that.

The shower games were fun, and your prize candy was even better!

Anonymous said...

Abbie had a good excuse for not blogging for a while. What is your excuse?

David said...

My excuse is that I am studying in nearly every free moment I have for my actuarial exam.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your big test, Scrubby.

Anonymous said...

Well, now that you are finished with your important test, will you return to your blog? I miss it!