Saturday, December 26, 2009

Knife of Dreams

This was the last book written by Robert Jordan before his untimely death, and the 11th book in the aforementioned Wheel of Time series. I consumed several intervening books but did not mention them here, as I am pretty certain most of my readers aren't too into them. But this book is too excellent to be ignored.

The main accomplishment of this book is that Perrin's awful four-book quest to secure his wife's freedom was successful. Now we can hopefully get some worthwhile stories about him. Also excellent are Mat's adventures and ongoing courtship of Tuon. Mat has been my favorite character of the series since book 3, and he is especially awesome in the one.

Now I really want to move on to the latest book, but I am currently engrossed in the exceedingly lengthy Anna Karenina, which will take quite some time to wrap up. So you may not get another post for a little while....

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Is someone else carrying on Robert Jordan's series? Do you think the new author will be nearly as good?

Chick in the Czech said...

I saw the new book in Barnes and Noble the other day!

David said...

Yes, the series is being finished by Brandon Sanderson, who has already written several books that I have loved. One of his books even made Peter cry!