Tuesday, May 02, 2006

weekend

This past weekend was pretty much amazing. Phi Sigma Pi had family day on Saturday, so my parents made a visit to town. The trip was fraught with vocabulary and grammar discussions. Even better, I played boggle and sudokus for over four hours on Saturday! How huge of losers are we? The folks stayed until Sunday morning, and left after brunch. It was a very relaxing visit.

On Friday night, the real excitement took place. Some friends and I played....FLAMEBALL! If you are worried that this game is as dangerous as it sounds, you are completely justified. Flameball involves soaking a tennis ball in gas, like so:
Then, somebody lights it on fire.The final step is playing catch with the flameball. I have a couple more pictures I want to add about this step, but I can't because blogger is being crazy right now. I'll put them up later this afternoon, hopefully.

But really, flameball is not all that risky. Apart from all the hair that has been burned off from my forearm, I suffered no ill effects. Our high-quality homemade gloves protect us from harm.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are crazy.

Perhaps you shouldn't be admitting these types of things about our family.

"The trip was fraught with vocabulary and grammar discussions. Even better, I played boggle and sudokus for over four hours on Saturday!"

Anonymous said...

Flameball is so much fun! Dude, if we have kids, they are going to play flameball and race sudokus for fun. What a weird combination.

Anonymous said...

Davey, I can't believe all the PSP families didn't play Boggle and Sudokus, and probably Scrabble as well! We certainly found the one in a million family to which to belong!